Halls of Residence - Crous

Allée Jean-Jacques Soulier,
03100 Montluçon
Tel.: +33 (0) 4 70 08 35 40

320 rooms
± €135 a month

  • 1 min walk from the University
  • 30 min walk from the town centre
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Student common room
  • Laundry facilities
  • Shared kitchen on each floor
  • Showers and bathrooms on each floor
  • Furnished rooms
  • Bedding provided
  • Canteen
  • 24-hour access

Student Studio Flats

3 Allée Clairefontaine
03100 Montluçon
Tel: +33 (0) 4 70 08 35 40

51 studio flats
± €220 a month
not including water or electricity bills

  • 10 min walk to university
  • Direct bus to town centre
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Student common room
  • Restaurant (three-course meal ±€3)
  • Separate bathroom, shower and kitchen
  • Furnished rooms
  • Bedding provided
  • Laundry facilities
  • Telephone and television
  • 24-hour access
  • Bike storage

Accommodation for Young Workers
(Foyer de jeunes travailleurs L'Escale)

20 Avenue Fontbouillant, 03100, Montluçon
Tel: +33 (0) 4 70 03 34 44

43 rooms and 23 studio flats
€300 a month or €320-380 a month respectively
includes breakfast


  • 10 min walk from University
  • 20min walk from town centre
  • Wi-Fi connection available
  • Multimedia rooms
  • Laundry facilities
  • Linen provided for €8 a month
  • Shared kitchen on first floor
  • Private bathroom and shower
  • Whole building non-smoking
  • Provides organised activities

Private Accommodation

Should you opt for private accommodation, landlords and estate agents have rooms, studios and apartments for rent. You may find these links useful:


If you arrive in Montluçon without previously booked accommodation, or if you should need to wait a few days before arrangements fall into place, you may find this link with hotel listings useful:

When renting a room or property, you may be required to have property insurance, be sure to know all the details of your arrangements before you arrive. For instance, some rented properties require by law a minimum of insurance against water and fire damage. The following links are for insurance companies that offer attractive, all-inclusive policies and useful advice for foreign students on health care and student life:

As a student, you may be entitled to housing benefits provided by the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales, known commonly as CAF. The International Office will help you to apply for such a grant. Please see the following website for more information: